Friday 11 May 2012

Just How Important Is Keyword Research?

Are you an internet marketer? Do you always to keyword research before starting a new campaign? Let me tell you just how important keyword research is.


Keywords are the few words that are focused on throughout your campaign. Obviously, some keywords are searched by internet users more than others. Therefore using popular keywords within your website content, meta tags and your niche in general, means that your website is most likely to get significantly more traffic.

Which is why finding out the popular keywords is very important!

When I first started affiliate marketing, I didn't really have a clue about what I was doing. I rushed into things. The first campaign I created, I was promoting a product that I liked. I had no idea how many searches keywords based on this product received. When I finally looked I was kicking myself, I had put so much effort into a campaign that's fate was to fail. I then realized that a product in the same niche, that was just as easy to promote, had keywords based around it that were receiving at least 20 times the amount of searches that the keywords i was using were.


Keyword research is vital. It can make the difference between success and failure. If you are very careful with your keyword selection, and pick a few, but not too many to focus on, then it will do you so many favors.The only problem with choosing keywords that receive huge amounts of searches is that the competition will most probably be very, very high. Which will mean that you will find it hard to get high up on search engines. The best way is to choose the not so obvious ones, but still receiving a good number of searches, that have low competition. You will have a better chance of ranking high then.

You can compare keywords and find out how many searches are performed monthly for each keyword by using Google's keyword tool. It will also allow you to see what the competition is like for those keywords. To look at the fluctuation of the keyword's searches over a certain period of time and see where in the world it is most searched, use Google search analytics. This tool will also let you easily compare up to 6 keywords at a time to show just how big or small the difference is between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment